Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Weekend Review for September 25, 2005

I have noticed "Weekend Reviews" on other blogs describing the experience of their churches. I thought this would be a good thing to do for Keystone. So here goes!

September 25, 2005 at Keystone Church

Music (with links to iTunes)
For All You've Done (Worship Leader: Susan Thomas)
Your Grace Is Enough
Blessed be Your Name
Worthy is the Lamb with Majesty (Here I Am)
Nothing But the Blood
Rescue

Series - Losing My Religion
Message - Legalism - Can't Keep All the Rules
Definition of Legalism: strict conformity to the letter of the law rather than its spirit. Rules-driven Religion leads to an Inspecting Attitude, Rules-driven Religion doesn’t like to be questioned, and Rules-driven Religion tends to play “Pick & Choose”
Galatians 5:1 - So Christ has really set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law.

Stats:
348 in total attendance

Thoughts:
This was our second weekend of 2 identical service. Our volunteers are knocking the ball out of the park with set-up & tear down, Camp Keystone and Welcome teams. I really loved the worship set this weekend. God seemed to work in the service during the music. I really loved the transition from "Worthy Is the Lamb" into "Majesty (Here I Am)" both musically and lyrically. I really believed the music prepared our hearts to hear the message on Legalism. Brandon did a great job in dealing with the issue of Legalism. Good day!

No comments: