Saturday, September 24, 2005

AMAZING

I just got back from seeing Coldplay! First of all, it was a beautiful Texas summer night. There was a nice breeze which made the outdoor concert just perfect. Coldplay was amazing. I have been a fan for about a year or 2 and tonight was the first time I had ever seen them live. WOW! The lights were spectacular. Each songs the lights were different. The backdrop was a full stage width video wall. They used it so well...sometimes they showed the band with incredible angles and sometimes the showed random images that helped tell the story of the song.

This may sound strange but I really felt moved by God tonight. As I listened to the lyrics to some of the songs, I was moved by God's grace and how much He loves me. I guess you could say that I worshipped at a Coldplay concert! There was tons of worship at the concert...mostly false worship...meaning true worship wrong god. I looked around a saw the multitudes with hands raised high in awe of something bigger than anything they would ever be. People just giving themselves totally to the moment.

My highlights..."Clocks" was stunning. The lights pulsed with the beat and at the endof the song they kept speeding the song up faster and faster and crowd began to cheer and cheer and then BAM..DONE! nothing but darkness and the crowd went crazy and I joined in!!! "The Scientist" was moving. This is one of those God moments for me. The image on the screen was a constant zoom in from outerspace all the way into a human and then continuing into another image that lead to outerspace. The song is about a breakup but the first verse really was my heart to God at the moment. Here they are...and coupled with the images I just really drew close.
Come up to meet you, Tell you I’m sorry, You don’t know how lovely you are
I had to find you, Tell you I need you, Tell you I set you apart
Tell me your secrets, And ask me your questions, Aww let’s go back to the start
"Politik" was just crazy awesome wicked with the lights. That's it. Finally, the encore...ChrisMartin (lead Singer) ran back to the middle of the section next to us during "In My Place" and just sang out! The people were screaming the lyric..."Yeah, how long must I wait..." It was really beautiful! Then they ended with my fav right now..."Fix You." This was the icing on the cake and in fact, the highlight of the show for me. Not only do the lyrics move me but the they nailed it. The live music and the people singing really was special. During the song, they had this single lantern hanging down...It represented the lyric..."Lights will guide you home And ignite your bones And I will try to fix you ." It reminded me of Christ being the light of the world and how all those people needed that Light.

Some of you may think that it is weird that I experienced God at this concert. I want to remind everyone that worship is not about a place or a song. It is about hearts and God connecting with hearts. So whether it is Sunday morning in church or driving to work or reading the bible in that special corner of your home or a coldplay concert...God will meet with you where ever you are. There is nowhere you can go to escape Him.

Well, that's it. If you ever get a chance to go see Coldplay, do not pass the chance up. It is definitely something I am glad I did. PEACE!

No comments: