Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tim Hughes - Holding Nothing Back

Two-time Dove Award winner Tim Hughes doesn’t simply write worship songs—he writes a worshipful life. In Holding Nothing Back, Tim’s 3rd release, he desires to do just that. Tim reflects, “Worship is about surrender, holding nothing back and giving all of ourselves to the One who gave His everything for us.” 40 million people sing Tim’s anthem “Here I Am To Worship” every week, currently the #1 CCLI song. His songs are in high demand from worship leaders and artists. With Holding Nothing Back, Tim is poised to bring his voice, his own recordings to radio and consumers around the world.

In this album, there are a few tunes I like and think could work in our services at Keystone.

On Easter, we sang the song Happy Day. The lyrics are upfront and powerful and the music is high energy and easy to sing. Lyrics - V. The greatest day in history, Death is beaten, You have rescued me, Sing it out Jesus is alive, The empty cross, The empty grave, Life eternal You have won the day, Shout it out Jesus is alive, He's alive C. Oh happy day, happy day, You washed my sin away, Oh happy day, happy day, I'll never be the same, Forever I am changed

I also like the following tunes...The Highest and Greatest, Everything, Take The World and God of Justice. Listen below.

No comments: