Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Christian Looks at Depression

Today, I started a mini vacation and was driving from Keller, Tx to Tulsa, OK to see my parents.

I listened to a very powerful and honest look at depression. I had heard about this message from some friends.

Tommy Nelson, pastor of Denton Bible Church and Song of Solomon conference leader, spoke about his personal experience with depression. It was from a chapel service held at Dallas Theological seminary on 27 March of this year. After listening to it, I wanted to share it with you and ecnourage you to share it with your co-workers, pastor, church staff and friends. It is, without a doubt, the most powerful message on the subject of depression I have ever heard - but don't take my word for it, watch or listen to it for yourself.

Watch the Video
Download the Audio

My big takeaway was this...You can get burned out doing what you love to do.

If you are a workaholic or love what you do and do it all of the time with no breaks, please take the time to listen to this.

No comments: