Friday, December 16, 2005

My First visit to IKEA

Today I went to IKEA for the first time. The reason...well, it was for Keystone. We are having 2 Christmas Eve services this year. We are also meeting at Hillwood Middle School. The service is going to be a candlelight service...SO...I can;t have flourescent light in the room for the first part of the service. So I went on a search for lamps to light the room...and WALLAAH!!! IKEA had 6ft floor lamps for $7.99 each. So I made the long trek to Frisco from Keller. When I arrived I was blown away by the size of the store. It was not huge...it was MASSIVE. I was greeted immediately and given a map and directed to where I was to go. I must have looked like a deer in headlights. I finally found the lamps, thanks to the cool arrows on the floor guiding my steps. Along the way, I came across the coolest chair. I have been looking for a good reading chair. and there it was...it was like a light shining down from heaven...BUM BUM BUM...I give you the Luna Chair. And it wasn't too expensize. I finally got to the lamps and the help was great. A manager went and got a cart to carry the 15 lamps I needed.

IKEA had incredible signage. They explained why they did what they did very clearly. Everything was so affordable...the downside...I wanted to buy many many things.

No comments: