Tuesday, November 22, 2005

What are you thankful for?

What are you thankful for? Who do you say thank you to? Where do all the blessings in our life come from? The scriptures are very clear..."Every good and perfect gift come from God." (James 1:17). God also gives us exactly what we need. He watches over us. (Matt 6 & 7)

So I encourage you today to begin to think on all the blessings in your life. List 10 out. Don't just list them out...list why you are thankful. Trust me it is hard to stop at 10. Then turn your heart's affecions to God and give Him your heartfelt thanks this Thanksgiving!

What am I thankful for?
1) My relationship with God - I was without hope until I met Christ and He rescued me.
2) My Parents - Their unconditional love and support.
3) My Sister - I am thankful for her friendship, love and support. She has great passion for God. I am thankful that we live near each other.
4) My Church - I am super blessed with a new church (Keystone) with passion to proclaim freedom for captives, hope, healing, meaning and joy in life.
5) My Friends - I am blessed with very trustworthy friends. I experience true community with them
6) My Job - I get to serve a great God at a Great church. I wouldn't want to do anything else.
7) My Home - One year this Thursday, I moved into my beautiful home. It has been a blessing to me and many others.
8) My Tivo - I might be too thankful for this.
9) Wireless Internet - It is like oxygen these days.
10) My iPod and iPod connection to my car stereo. I love having all my music in my car. I might not someday when I have a wreck try to sift through 40 gb of music.
Bonus) Chik-fil-a - I gotta have my #1 value-sized with Coke or Sweet Tea.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

James 1:17-18
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

Matt 7:9-119
You parents — if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? 10 Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! 11 If you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.NLT

Ps 106:1
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; His love endures forever.

Ps 107:8-9
Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.

No comments: