Thursday, October 27, 2005

I'm BACK!!!

Well, not actually...I am sitting in the Albuquerque Airport. This is the first chance I have had to check email. I will write more later but I must say...If you have never been on a personal retreat where you can just get away from everything and read, look at the stars, watch the snow fall (yeah that's right, it snowed), read some more, listen to some different communicators (I listend to a little Matt Chandler and Louie Giglio) and rest rest rest....(This is becoming the biggest run on sentence ever), then you MUST! It is worth it. I challenge you to sacrifice a little and make the investment in you. God really showed me a lot about Himself and myself. I think the one over arching thing I learned this past week was...Solitude. We need solitude. We need to get alone and rest in God's presence. If it is just for 15 minutes a day, get alone with God's word and let Him speak to you. Yeah, all those voices in your head are distracting but let me tell you something...after a while of doing this, the voices get quiter and quieter with each passing day. So find a quiet place and try it everyday for a week and see what God shows you. I promise you will be blessed.

It is good to be almost home. If you are looking for a place to go to church this Sunday, come check out Keystone. We are launching a new series called Storms.

No comments: